Covid-19 Resources for Smile Train Partners
We are pleased to share these resources with our partners and hope they will be useful. We are not specifically endorsing any of the resources below.
Telehealth Resources For Comprehensive Cleft Care Programs
- An Introduction to Telehealth
- How to Get Started including “Tips and Tricks” for Practitioners and Patients
- How to Receive Smile Train Support - Please contact your local Smile Train manager (or [email protected]) to share the program you would like to start. You will need to apply for a "special grant" through our online database and, if awarded, report a regular tracking form on your telehealth activities.
- Helpful Links from the American Medical Association, Telehealth Association and Others
PPE, Equipment, Supplies
- COVID Mask Alternative
The University of Florida Health’s department of anesthesiology has developed 2 prototypes for masks that can be produced in large quantities using materials already found in hospitals and medical facilities.
- APSF/ASA Guidance on Purposing Anesthesia Machines as ICU Ventilators
- Donning and Doffing PPE
Strategies to Conserve PPE
- Centers for Disease Control Guidance Documents for COVID-19 - Comprehensive CDC website on Optimizing of PPE and Equipment (Frequently updated guidance)
- Listening Device for Socially Distanced Speech Therapy by Dr. Olusanya
Treating Patients with Covid-19
- CDC Clinical Guidance for Management of Patients with Confirmed COVID-19
- WHO Guidelines for Clinical management of severe acute respiratory infection with COVID-19
- WHO COVID-19: Operational guidance for maintaining essential health services during an outbreak
Training for Non-ICU clinicians treating ventilated patients during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Basics of Mechanical Ventilation for Non-Critical Care MDs (one-page cheat sheet offered by SAGES)
- Critical care for Non-ICU clinicians (free online course offered by the Society for Critical Care Medicine)
- WHO Training for LMIC providers: Online training modules on diagnostics, ventilator/critical care management (OpenWHO sign in required, free, straightforward)
- WFSA Corona Virus Guide for Anesthesia Providers
Creative low-resource solutions to creating barriers to protect the anesthesia provider during intubation and extubation:
Additional Provider Resources
- WHO Recommendations on Hand Washing
- CDC Recommendations on Hand Sanitizer Use and Making Your Own
- EPA: List N: Products with Emerging Viral Pathogens AND Human Coronavirus claims for use against SARS-CoV-2 Date Accessed: 03/23/2020
- Physician well-being
- WHO: Ethics and COVID-19 - resource allocation and priority-setting
- Partners in Health - Clinical Management of COVID-19 - Comprehensive guidelines on the clinical management of COVID-19 patients in resource-limited settings. Updated often.